Sauces and dressings are my thing. They make it easy to turn simple, healthy foods into gourmet fare.
Sauces can also help save time during the week — take a little time on Sunday to prep your veggies, grains, beans and proteins. Then make a sauce or two to drizzle over the top.
You can mix and match the various sauces with any of the food you’ve prepped ahead of time. Voila! You’ve just made yourself a fancypants meal in minutes.
- 1 cup chopped parsley, loosely packed
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 T chopped mint (optional)
- 1 T ume vinegar (this replaces salt)
- 2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 T water
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Throw all the ingredients into a Vitamix or other high-speed blender and taste.
- Adjust seasonings if needed, and it’s done.